SuperGreen (SG) Project is a collaboration of Ocean Finance Ltd with Public Gas Corporation (DEPA) SA aiming to introduce cost and time efficient, eco-friendly transportation. Coordinated by Ocean Finance Ltd, the SG Action introduces the implementation of a sustainable and green transport system in Greece. SG objectives are:
- Construction of three all-electric commuter vessels and one hybrid propulsion (Liquefied Natural Gas/Electric) catamaran that will connect the core network port of Piraeus with other ports of the comprehensive network.
- A fleet of four electric buses to transfer the vessels’ passengers from several points of Athens to the port of Piraeus and vice versa.
- Two Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) bunkering tanker trucks and various mobile electricity storage systems to supply all vehicles, as well as one LNG/Compressed Natural Gas fueled truck for the autonomous management of all mobile equipment.
- A multi-modal integration electronic platform to facilitate the booking of travel arrangements.
- Introduction of an innovative approach in the field of shipping in Greece regarding electrification and the use of alternative fuels through the use of innovative technological systems with innovative elements.
- Significant contribution to the environmental protection by greatly reducing emissions of gaseous pollutants for instance CO2 and SO2
- Economic benefits to shipowners/shipping Companies by the reduced oil use.