OceanFinance is going to participate in the 4th edition of the Conferenza GNL that will take place this May in Naples.
Conferenza GNL is an independent initiative launched in 2012 to promote the new LNG industrial chain in the Euro-Mediterranean area. Since its launch, it has already organised 3 successful conferences and 1 exhibition becoming one of the key events in the Mediterranean area on direct uses of LNG.
This year’s Conference is entitled: “SMALL SCALE TO LARGE MARKET – Strategies and Technologies in the Mediterranean” and it is considered to be one of the most significant biannual event on small-scale LNG in Europe. Among its attendees are industry representatives, international organisations as well as officials from Energy Ministries of Governments across the Mediterranean countries with the aim to discuss national strategies and plans to unlock the environmental and economic potential of large and small-scale LNG solutions in the region.
The event will be held on 10 – 11 May 2017 at the Convention hall of Mostra D’Oltremare, Naples.
Main Topics of 2017 Conferenza GNL Edition
- LNG on international markets
- The near future for small scale
- LNG to meet COP21 and COP22 objectives
- The impact of IMO decisions
- DAFI Directive and strategic national Frameworks application
- State of the art of coastal depots
- Road and sea transportation in the Euro-Mediterranean region
- LNG for cities and isolated industries methanisation
- LNG for inland waters, railway, aerospace
- BioLNG, a zero emission fuel
Dr. Panayotis Zacharioudakis will participate at the 2nd day’ s plenary session/roundtable: ‘Policies and Programs for action in the Euro-Med Area’, with an intervention about the experience and progress of the POSEIDON MED Global Project and a short presentation regarding our newly commenced project for the establishment of a Natural Gas (NG) system for the island of Cyprus,, CYnergy.